The objective of today's lab is to synthesize AuNPs for reactivity tests tomorrow. Also to determine the Au;Protein ratio that is required for fiber formation of HRP and for pepsin.
The following has been taken from Matt Harting's lab notebook.
- Synthesis of HRP-AuNPs and Pepsin-AuNPs
- Into test tube that will contain a total of 5mL add
- Au solution such that the final concentration is 0.25mM
- Protein solution such that the final concentration reflects the following Au:Protein ratios
- Water up to 5mL
HRP-AuNP and Pepsin-AuNP
Table 1. Preparation of Protein-AuNP solutions
||Amount of gold added(mL)
||Volume Water HRP (mL)
||Volume Water Pepsin (mL)
- Absorbance of BSA-AuNPs was determined for future comparison of the activity of protein-AuNPs.
Absorbance spectra of a 1/10 dilution of BSA-AuNPs
- Absorbance of all starting materials used for synthesis of AuNPs today for future comparison
Absorbance spectra of a 1/10 dilution of 2.52mM gold in water
Absorbance spectra of 1/2 dilution of 15.3μM HRP
Absorbance spectrum of 1/10 dilution of 15.6μM pepsin
- No absorbance peak was observed for pepsin. This was expected due to the lack of color of the pepsin stock solution.