Our objective for today was to run UV-vis on the Lysozyme-AuNPs and Myoglobin-AuNPs samples that were synthesized last week. Today we will also be synthesizing new lysozyme-AuNPs and also new Hemoglobin-AuNPs solutions
- The samples that were being run on the UV-vis were first centrifuged for 30 minutes before each spectra was taken.
- Protein:AuNP solutions, details of how the solutions were prepared can be found here.
- Lysozyme-AuNPs (protein:Au ratio):
- Hemoglobin-AuNPs (protein:Au ratio)
Absorbance Spectra of Lysozyme-AuNPs
Absorbance of Myoglobin-AuNPs
- Lysozyome-AuNPs: Only the 30:1 ratio exhibited an absorbance peak at 526nm, this solution appeared colored and did not form fibers. The peak and color observations are characteristic of no fiber formation.
- Myoglobin-AuNPs: Only the 15:1 ratio exhibited an absorbance peak at 732nm, this peak represents the optimal concentration for the formation of fibers.