- UV-vis and fluorescence of all 6 QD synthesis from 04/02/14.
- Make BSA solution 0.1459mM
- De-gas all solutions
- Synthesis using Gonzalez Method
- Continue precipitation of 78% BSA by mass (second trial)
- BSA made using 0.2409g in 25mL --> 0.1459mM BSA
This protocol was taken from Matt Harting's notebook, all solutions de-gassed before synthesis.
- To a 3-necked flask is added
- 25mL of 20 mM L-cysteine (roughly 22% L-Cysteine)
- 25mL .1459 mM BSA (roughly 78% by mass)
- 5mL of 100mM ZnSO4 (0.5 mmol)
- 5.437mL of 10.3mM MnCl2 (0.056 mmol)
- The pH of this mixture is adjusted to 11 with ~1M NaOH (should be on the order of 60uL)
- This mixture is stirred under Ar (I'll use N2) for 30 minutes
- 5.505mL of 101mM Na2S is quickly added.
- The solution is stirred for 20 minutes
- The solution is then aged at 50C under air for 2 hours.
- All solutions were degassed for approximately 10-15 minutes depending on the total volume of the solution