To run a second trial of dye attachment to gold nanoparticles (70 molar ratio), purple fibers (166 molar ratio), and the BSA/HCl control.
- 3 dye solutions were prepared by mixing 2.0 mg of dye with 160 μL of DMSO 3 times
- The pHs of the 70 molar ratio, 166 molar ratio, and the BSA/HCl control were raised to approximately 8.50.
- The dye solutions were added to the 70 molar ratio, 166 molar ratio, and the BSA/HCl control.
- The dye reactions were incubated at room temperature for 24 hours
Raising the pH
1) 70 Molar Ratio
- Initial pH was 3.75
- 600μL of 50 mM Tris buffer was added to give a final pH of 8.45
2) 166 Molar Ratio
- Initial pH was 3.15
- 1.5 mL of Tris buffer was added to give a final pH of 8.44
3) BSA/HCl Control
- Initial pH was 4.37
- 300μL of Tris buffer was added to give a final pH of 8.41
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.