User:Elizabeth Ghias/Notebook/Experimental Biological Chemistry/2012/03/27
|Experimental Biological Chemistry|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
To adjust the pHs of all the dye solutions (both first and second trial) so that they are all equal and to retake UV-Vis and fluorescence spectra
1. The initial pHs of the solutions from both the first and second trials were measured.
First Trial Initial pHs
Second Trial Initial pHs
2. Add 50 mM tris buffer (pH = 8.73) to raise the pHs of the samples to a pH around 8.30.
First Trial pH Changes
Second Trial pH Changes
3. The samples containing fibers (all dye samples) were centrifuged for 5 minutes at 13,200 rpg.
4. Fluorescence spectra were taken of the samples between 620 - 800 nm, with excitation at 600 nm.
5. Fluorescence spectra were also taken of the 70 molar ratio, 166 molar ratio, and the BSA/HCl reactions without dye.
6. UV-Vis spectra were taken of all dye and control solutions.
Fluorescence Spectra of Solutions from the Second Trial