Test of old BW27783 + PBAD-RBS-RFP-Term Cultures
- Found an old plate of BW27783s containing PBAD-RBS-RFP-Terminator in the 4ºC walk-in room
- Tested by streaking on an Amp-100 plate + 0.1% (w/v) arabinose. Control: No arabinose
- No growth observed on the next day.
Test of Old Antibiotic Stocks
- Tested Amp100, Kan50 and Chlor25 from the old batch of antibiotics in the -20ºC freezer.
- 3 ml LB + 3 µl antibiotics (each)
- Inoculated using DH5α competent cells.
| No growth||No growth||No growth||Growth
- This is a good sign. Antibiotic batches are still working.
Test of RFP-expression constructs
- Found old Pcon-RBS-RFP-Terminator construct from the Lagally Lab -80ºC freezer. And gave a diabolical laugh when I finally found it after digging through the two -80ºC freezers we used for a whole 30 minutes.
- Inoculated in Amp100 +/- arabinose.
- Control: No amp, no arabinose, expect growth; next time need a negative control.
- Setup as follows:
- No red coloration observed when expected. Therefore, I will let the cultures grow a bit more to see if red coloration appears or not.
- Update: Red coloration was observed in tubes C (-Ara -Amp),