- Finish synthesizing the films produced on 09/24 and begin synthesis of new films using more modified clay
- Finish synthesis
- Films that were begun on 09/24 were finished using the standard procedure.
- Start new film synthesis
- Film synthesis can be viewed here.
- We used Madeleine's exchanged clay and Michael's exchanged clay
- Madeleine's exchange was with tributylhexadecylphosphonium bromide
- Michael's exchanged with (1-hexadecyl)triphenylphosphonium bromide.
- New Modified-Clay Films
- 1.00488g PVA + .11091 g TBHD from Madeleine and Alicia
- 1.00081g PVA + .11107 g TBHD from Andrew, Michael and Tami
- We were able to tell the completed films apart by appearance. The TP exchanged-clays appeared yellower and firmer, while the TBHD films appeared clearer and more flexible.
- It was observed that the films from last Wednesday had granules of the exchanged clay. The clay was not thoroughly dispersed.