- Synthesize new nano crystals following the protocol used on Jan 01, 2104
- Synthesize new nano crystals using new ligand GSH
- Attempt new synthesis method described below
Preparation of 10uM GSH
- 0.00278 g in 50mL --> Stock
- 569.13uL Stock in 10mL --> 10 uM GSH
Preparation of BSA-GSH nanocrystal solutions
||5 mM Zinc Nitrate (uL)
||5mM Manganese Acetate (uL)
||41.65 mM Ammonium Acetate (uL)
||10uM BSA* (uL)
||10uM GSH (uL)
||10mM Ammonium Hydroxide (uL)
||5 mM Sodium Sulfide* (uL)
||Total Volume (mL)
Protocol for New synthesis method
This protocol was taken from Matt Harting's notebook
- To a 3-necked flask is added
- 50mL of 20mM L-cysteine
- 5mL of 100mM ZnSO4 (0.5 mmol)
- 5.437mL of 10.3mM MnCl2 (0.056 mmol)
- The pH of this mixture is adjusted to 11 with ~1M NaOH (should be on the order of 60uL)
- This mixture is stirred under Ar (I'll use N2) for 30 minutes
- 5.505mL of 101mM Na2S is quickly added.
- The solution is stirred for 20 minutes
- The solution is then aged at 50C under air for 2 hours.
- 2.53 mL of 1M NaOH, in the future 2mL will be added to adjust the pH.
- When first adding NaOH it resulted in a cloudy white precipitate, that increased in cloudiness as more NaOH was added, after the last mL was added the solution changed to a clear gold solution.