- Synthesize HgS-BSA QDs at room temperature|JCS 1
- Making Stock Solutions
- 4.0222 g of NaOH in 100 mL ~1M NaOH
- .0736 g HgNO3 in 50 mL of ~9 pH Distilled Water
- .0728 g HgNO3 in 50 mL of HPLC grade water
- Added 5 mL of 15mg/mL BSA from Eleni's stock solution to 5 mL of the HgNO3 in HPLC water
- stirred vigorously while adding 2 drops of 1 M NaOH to reach pH ~9
- capped to sit and react for ~12 hours
- Both HG solutions did not dissolve readily. The solutions were vortexed and sonicated. The sample was vortexed again before removing 5 mL for the synthesis.
- The pH test trip was slightly darker than the coding for a pH 9. I have some concern that the pH of this first batch might be too high.