Suggestions for projects to keep busy and develop skills:
- Genome-scale metabolic model for Rhodococcus opacus PD630
- Genotype yeast strains. Use available information on metabolite production to search for mutated genes. Perhaps using a genome-scale metabolic model?
- Curate/improve genome-scale metabolic model for M. florum.
- Analysis of coupled feedback loops. Go back to that Ferrel article.
- Modelling of evolution in metabolic models. Ask for some references?
- Draw article citation networks on some interesting topics (nested feedback loops, lactate dehydrogenase, stringent response...)
- 16S rDNA analysis. What kind of samples?
- Go through NGS tutorials.
- Contribute to CobraPy?
- Work on ROSALIND problems.
- Work on metabolic model analysis programs. Port to Python.
More far out:
- Sequence a mesoplasma species?