- Goal- Create a plasmid for Halobacterium NCR-1 that the common DIY scientist can 1 obtain and 2 use
- I am trying to create a shuttle vector for Halobacterium NCR-1. To do this, I am synthesizing the HF2 origin of replication, then, using the gibson assembly, will put it into a custom vector as well, with pUC19 origin, chloramphenicol resistance gene, and the green fluorescent protein. The first tests will be "does chloramphenicol affect Halobacterium?". If it does not, then I will just have to find another resistance gene. This will also answer a number of questions such as does the salt concentration in the media affect the GFP protein.
- Questions - Can chloramphenicol "kill" Halobacterium? Is the GFP protein affected by salt concentrations? How do we most efficiently transform Halobacterium NCR-1? More to be answered...
- Change Log- Delete Does T7 promoter "work" in Halobacterium. No source of T7 polymerase gene.
- Place some notes here for visitors
- Example: This project is currently on hold until further notice.