- To make starter cultures of DH5α-T1 cells and autoclaved LB media for future use.
- One colony of DH5α-T1 cell was inoculated with a sterile wooden stick and dipped into 3mL of sterile LB media inside a 15mL falcon tube.
- This process was repeated three more times to obtain a total of four cell culture-containing falcon tubes.
- The culture were placed in orbital shaker at 230rpm, at 37°C, for 15 hours.
- 1.25g of LB media was weighted out and placed in a 250mL Erlenmeyer flask.
- 50mL of distilled water was weighted out and poured into the Erlenmeyer flask.
- This process was repeated five more times to obtain a total of six LB-containing flasks.
- The flasks were placed in autoclave under liquid cycle.