- The purpose of the experiment today is to make starter culture in order to prepare for a 15-hour cell growth experiment tomorrow.
- 3mL of starter culture, each in 4 falcon tubes were made.
- In 4 falcon tubes labeled "DH5α-T1 starter culture", 3mL of autoclaved LB were pipetted, respectively.
- With a wooden stick, a portion of E.coli cells were picked from cell plates made on 02/12/2013 and dipped in one falcon tube containing 3mL of autoclaved LB.
- The above procedure was repeated three more times.
- Cultures were placed in shaker at 37°C, 230rpm for 2 hours.
- After shaking, culture were placed in centrifuge at 4°C, 4700rpm, for 30 minutes.
- Supernatants were discarded, and pellet were stored in -80°C until next day morning.