I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Khalef Nawel
- University of Joseph Fourier
- Service de Pharmacie Galénique et industrielle, formulation et procédés pharmaceutiques 5 Avenue de Verdun, 38240, Meylan France
- Laboratoire TheRex, Domaine de la Merci, 38706 La Tronche Cedex
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the TheREx-Formutech Lab at Joseph Fourier University. Our laboratory research focus is on preformulation and formulation of drugs. We recently joined a team which works on cell tumor Targeting and production of therapeutic proteins. We are in charge of the formulation and development of drug delivery systems aspects. We learned about OpenWetWare Through websites of colleagues at Purdue University, and we've joined because we believe and we adhere to the philosophy of sharing knowledge and science. The wiki concept is widely spread within the computer science community, unfortunately there is a lack of it in other scientific areas. We would like to contribute through openwetware to expand such concept and share our experience with other scientists and laboratories..
- 2008, PhD, Joseph Fourier University,Grenoble, France
- 2003, MS, INPG, Grenoble, France
- 1999, BS, INHC, Algeria
- Characterization, preformulation and formulation of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) including therapeutic proteins and biotech products.
- Development of new methods and instrumentation
- Moisture-solids interactions and consequences on physical stability: - Amorphous-crystalline changes and polymorphism studies. - Water activity and surface energies assessment. - API-excipient interactions - API-protein and protein-protein interactions - Bioproduction process optimization
1. Khalef, N., Pinal, R. and Bakri, A. (2009) Limitations of amorphous content quantification by isothermal calorimetry using saturated salt solutions to control relative humidity: alternative method. J. Pharm. Sci.99(4):2080-2089.
2. Gonzalez, D.C., Khalef N., Wright, K., Hamaker, B.R., Okos, M.R. and Campanella ,O.H. (2010) Physical aging of processed fragmented biopolymers in cereals. J. Food. Ing. DOI 10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2010.03.009p
3. Chamarthy, S. P., Khalef, N., Trasi, N., Bakri, A., Carvajal, M. T. and Pinal, R. (2010) The effect of dehydration conditions on the functionality of anhydrous amorphous raffinose. Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. DOI 10.1016/j.ejps.2010.03.004.
4. Miyako, Y., Khalef, N., Matsuzaki, K. and Pinal, R. (2010) Solubility enhancement of hydrophobic compounds by cosolvent: Contribution of hydrophobicity of solute on the observed solubility enhancement Int. J. Pharm