March 4, 2015
- Analyze Reaction Products using TLC and NMR
- The completion of the reaction was tested by spotting a TLC and using hexane and chloroform (4:1) as the solvent. Based on TLC, it can be determined that some product formed according to the separation on the plate compared to the starting material.
- The reaction was removed from heat and was stirred continuously for 2 hours after excess water was added. The reaction mixture was filtered and the solid obtained was dissolved in 5 mL ethyl acetate to recover the nanoparticles.
- About 10 drops of the "benzophenone" sample was evaporated on a watch glass, redissolved in Chloroform-D, then transferred to an NMR tube for analysis.
The NMR spectrum shows that more product formed with the citrate gold nanoparticles than with the protein-supported gold nanoparticles.
- Double hydrogen peroxide is going to be added in the next reaction.