- Koch wants me to put a jug of water in the incubator for a couple of hours and see what the temp is
- Since it is already set to max (60) i will leave it there and see if the water gets too hot
- Its been ~1hr and the incubator is set to 60. The water in the beaker (which i placed on the far side away from the fan) is reading 40-41C. Thats too hot, so i reduced the incubator to 55 and changed out the water.
- The incubator set at 55 yielded water at 39
- 50 yields 35C water
- A note is that i have the beaker furthest from the fan. The booklet says that there is a temperature gradient, so close to the fan=hotter
- At 52.5, on the far side of the chamber, the water reads 37c!
- Andy mentioned yesterday that we may do some microscope stuff
- He may want to try his lipids on some microtubes
- He spin coated a small cover glass with the lipds
- Half of the slide was covered with tape
- We put MT's on the slide and looked at it under the scope
- We saw MT's stuck to the glass but not to the lipids (as wanted)
- We used the old kinesin Andy drummed up from yesterday, but with no luck