- Centrifuged falcon tubes containing gold fibers.
- Removed water with pipette.
- Prepare the sample that goes in the 3mL cuvette that will be used for ocean optics.
- The sample must contain:
- Gold fibers
- 2.996mL of Tris buffer
- 0.003994mL of trypsin, calculations are below
- The trypsin was added last, at the second reading such that second reading becomes time 0.
- We ran our sample overnight.
- Readings were taken every 30 seconds for 40 minutes, every 2 minutes until the sample had run for 2 hours and and then every 20 minutes overnight. The data was uploaded directly to DropBox for later analysis.
Calculations for volume of trypsin, and volume of buffer
C1·V1 = C2·V2,
where C1 = 75.11µM
C2 = 0.1µM
V2 = 3mL
V1 = 0.003994mL
Volume of buffer: 3mL-0.003994mL = 2.996mL