October 2, 2013
- Chemiluminescence of luminol oxidation reaction initiated by stopped flow mixer
- [REDO] Kinetics of luminol oxidized by changes in absorption spectrum in stopped flow mixer
- Tube 1 (10mL): 0.5mM luminol, 5nM HRP
- Tube 2 (10mL): 5mM H2O2 (from stock 12.8mM)
- Determine appropriate concentrations of reagents (HRP needs to be 10000x less concentrated than luminol, to slow reaction rate)
- Double concentrations to increase absorbance, to monitor bigger changes
Kinetics: HAT Group's Data from 10/01/2013
- Concentrations used yesterday were too low. Dr Hartings & HAT group used higher concentrations which yielded the oxidized luminol kinetics absorption spectra shown above.
- HRP must be contaiminated: no groups seeing any signal from a variety of concentrations. Dr Hartings will make new HRP solution.