October 23, 2013
Happy Mole Day!
- Dissolve filtered ZnPPIX from 10/16/2013 in DMF
- Prepare several dilutions
- Run absorbance measurements
- Use Beer's law to determine concentration
- 0.0026g ZnPPIX dissolved in 7mL DMF
- MW ZnPPIX: 626.032g/mol
- assuming entire sample came off weigh boat
- Beer's Law calculations for absorbance measurements determined the concentration to be ≈0.08mM
Absorbance Spectra and Literature Comparison:
from "Metal and redox selectivity of protoporphyrin binding to the heme chaperone CcmE"