The purpose of the present experiment was to synthesize gold nanoparticles and to transform DNA.
1 mL choloroauric acid (2.5 mM) + 1 mL BSA (15 µM) + 8 ml distilled water
(new cholorauric acid). = diluted to .25 mM and 1.5 µM
- DPN1 was added to to the PCR products to "chop the non PCR DNA"
- 10 µL of the DNA was added to a separate tube
- 2 µL of loading buffer was added to the tube
The solution was then loaded into the gel and was run
LB Agar Plates:
- .875 g LB
- .7 g Agar
- 35 mL distilled water
- The cells were then plated on LB/agar plates with a 35 μL of antiobiotics
- 30 μL of competent cells
- 5 μL of DNA were combined and incubated on ice for 30 minutes
- The DNA/cell mixture was then heat shocked at 42C for 30 sec
- incubated on ice for 5 min
- 250μL of SOC media was added to the mixture
- incubated in the shaker at 37C for 1 hr
- 100μL of cells were spread (using sterile techniques) on the LB/agar plate
- The plate was then inverted and stored in a 37C oven overnight
"fresh" chloroauric acid was seen and a purple color was seen after the solution was taken out of the oven the second to last time.
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.