- In reference to the investigation of Bakshi, et al, bovine serum albumin (BSA) was found to form nanoparticles with gold (Au). BSA acts as a reducing agent by converting Au (III) into Au (0). With the application of heat, the BSA unfolds and its amino acid, cysteine, reacts with the hydrogen bonds of chloroauric acid, HAuCl4. This happens to induce the reduction of Au.
- AuNP were studied in various ways. After the synthesis of Au/BSA, addition of various pH buffers and concentration of tris(hydroxymethyl)aminomethane were conducted. Data was collected and evaluated through UV-visible scans.
- Once ionic strength was accomplished, the experiment shifted through ADA expression from transformed E.coli. The collected proteins were purified by Fast Protein Liquid Chromatography and stored.
- The reaction of Aminoantipyrine and hydrogen peroxide with HRP was studied before moving on to chemiluminescence.
- For the chemiluminescence reaction, aminoantipyrine was replaced with aminophthalhydrazide (luminol). The replacement produces the fluorescent aminophthalate.
- At the end of the semester, experiments were conducted on the synthesis of Au/lysozyme and Au/ADA nanoparticles.
- For each entry, headings are written in consecutive order of execution.
- Observations, significance of particular steps, and discussions are indicated within the procedure.
- Water used for the entirety of the requirements in the experiment was de-ionized and distilled water. Also, the water is run through a current to ensure that there is no organic matter present.