User:Megan L. Channell/Notebook/Masters Research/2013/11/21

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

DSC and new samples

  • The last time I did DSC, it could not finish because there was not enough nitrogen. I made new samples and re-run them. The new samples I made were the 0, 0.1, 0.5, 1, 5, and 10% but this time, I added the MOF-5 and the solvent together and sonicated them. Once they were fully dissolved, I put the PLA in and sonicated them. Once everything was fully dissolved I poured them into the molds and let them sit overnight.
  1. 0.1 %, 0.5 %, 1.0 %, 5.0 %, 10 % and 0 % w/v.
    1. 0.1 % - 1.0001 g PLA, 0.001 g MOF-5, 10 mL dichloromethane
    2. 0.5 % - 0.9944 g PLA, 0.0048 g MOF-5, 10 mL dichloromethane
    3. 1.0 % - 0.9903 g PLA, 0.0097 g MOF-5, 10 mL dichloromethane
    4. 5.0 % - 0.509 g PLA, 0.0495 g MOF-5, 10 mL dichloromethane
    5. 10.0 % - 0.8993 g PLA, 0.999 g MOF-5, 10 mL dichloromethane
    6. 0 % - 0.9998 g PLA, 10 mL dichloromethane


Personal tools