User:Melvin Colorado Escobar/Notebook/chem 472/2016/02/24
|Biomaterials Design Lab|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
The creation of nanoparticles on 02/22/2016 failed because we used a smaller lysozyme concentration and made fibers instead, which we will now incorporate into a film. According to Dr. Hartings, we need to increase protein concentration to make nanoparticles, not fibers. This time we are doubling the concentration of lysozyme used on 2/16/2016.
The solution was then covered with foil and placed in the oven for 4 hours at 80 degrees celsius.
Today, two 20mL samples of red AuNP stock made yesterday at a 25% dilution was used added to small small jars. Again, plants with extensive root systems were harvested and added to the small jars containing the AuNP solution, and the jars were covered with foil. They were covered and left out on the lab bench. The plants were removed after 24 hours.
We made nanoparticles and not fibers! Yay!