- Run ICP, UV-Vis, and Conductivity analyses on samples prepared yesterday.
Prepare Unreacted Samples of Lysozyme and Chloroauric Acid
- Becky and I prepared 3 20 mL samples of lysozyme and chloroauric acid that were not placed in the oven to form fibers.
- These samples were prepared using stock solutions made by Dr. Hartings, and the protocol listed in his notebook.
Final Sample Prep for Analyses
- The contents of the sample vials created yesterday were transferred to 50 mL Falcon tubes with a gentle swirl.
- Falcon tubes were then spun down at 4000 RPM for 5 minutes.
- 3 mL of the supernatant after centrifugation was analyzed using ocean optics. A single spectrum was collected for each of the samples created yesterday.
- An ICP (Dr. Hartings used my standards to create a calibration curve) and conductivity reading was then taken using the remaining supernatant from each sample.
Samples Run by Me and Becky
- 3 samples of unreacted lysozyme and chloroauric acid
- 3 samples of colloidal gold (solutions where fibers did not form but nanoparticles did form)
- 2 samples of lysozyme
- 2 samples of chloroauric acid
ICP and Conductivity
- Becky ran ICP and conductivity tests on the samples and the data from those analyses can be found on her notebook page for today.
- I ran UV-Vis and the results can be found below
- Below are plots of the UV-Vis absorbance spectra of the samples mentioned above.