- Isolate AB4 begun on Tuesday
- Gather IR for all MOFs synthesized over the past semester.
- Gather PXRD for silly putty and play-doh and compare the spectra to the expected spectra for the MOFs to be tested.
Isolation of AB4
- Removed flask from heat and filtered off the zinc powder once cool enough to handle.
- Acidified the solution using 6M HCl.
- Heated solution until formation of a solid was observed.
- Removed the solution from heat and let cool to room temperature. Once the solution was about RT, the solution was placed in an ice bath to promote recrystallization.
- Crystalline (yellowish-orangish-brownish) product was filtered and allowed to dry using a vacuum filter.