- To take UV-vis data of tris + 50 mM tris buffer (pH 10.1) mixed on 02/15/12
- To synthesize protein fibers.
- To create a 1M stock of Tris buffer pH 10.9 for ionic strength experiments with fibers.
- To create graphs for purple solution experiments using ionic strength vs. absorbance.
Synthesizing AuNP Fiber Solution
- Combine 1 mL of 3.66 mM HAuCl4 and 1.27 mL of 0.0173 mM BSA in a test tube.
- Dilute to 10 mL with water.
- Place in oven at 75°C.
- Leave solutions in oven for 3 hr.
Determining the effect of tris buffer on 166 Au/BSA ratio solution
- Take UV-vis data of 166 Au/BSA ratio solution synthesized on 01/31/12 and modified on 02/15/12.
- Centrifuge for 10 min at 13,200 rpm
- Take UV-vis data of supernatant.
This graph shows the effect of adding more dilute concentrations of tris buffer to the purple AuNP (ratio 70) solution.
This graph shows the effect of adding more concentrated solutions of tris buffer to the purple AuNP (ratio 70) solution.
This graph shows the effect of varying ionic strength on the peak wavelength of the AuNP purple solution.
The following graphs show the effect of tris buffer on the fiber (ratio 166) solution. The second graph is zoomed-in on the nanoparticle peak.
A picture of the fibers synthesized today: