- Run UV-vis of HRP samples that were not analyzed on 10/23/2013
- Analyze protein-AuNP solutions prepared on 10/23/2013 using UV/vis
- Place 1mL of each ratio in an 1.5mL eppendorf tube.
- Centrifuge at maximum speed for 30 minutes.
- Take a UV-Vis spectrum of each sample from 200nm to 800nm.
- After taking the spectrum, store the sample in a fresh eppy tube in an upright position.
Figure 1. Corrected Absorbance Spectra of HRP-AuNP solutions (30:1 to 210:1 ratios)
- These solutions did not form fibers.
Figure 2. Corrected Absorbance Spectra of HRP-AuNP solutions (230:1 to 410:1 ratios)
- All of the prepared solutions were colorless and did not form fibers
Figure 3: Corrected Absorbance Spectra of Myoglobin-AuNP solutions
- The 30:1 solution had a shifted wavelength (max absorption 529nm) due to the fact this solution was the only solution with color (see Figure below). Similarly, this was the only solution that did not form fibers. Fiber formation was observed beginning at 50:1 ratio(see Figure below). Varying ratios with smaller increments will be prepared to determine the optimum ratio for the preparation of fibers
Figure 4: Myoglobin-AuNP solutions
Figure 5. Closer view of Myoglobin-AuNP solutions
Figure 6. HRP-AuNP solutions
- No fibers were observed for the HRP-AuNP solutions