Any given network can be described using a State Space Representation:
This algorithm can cope with:
- Steady State measurements
- Time Series measurements
- When fed with steady states, it returns the boolean structure of the network.
- When fed with time series data, it can recover the dynamical structure function (explain this)
This method assumes [Necessary and sufficient conditions for biological network reconstruction]:
- That the biological systems are linear and time invariant
- Direct identification of input and output data doesnt allow the reconstruction of network structure when hidden and unobservable states are not present.