- Perform gold nanoparticle (AuNP) synthesis experiment using Chloroauric Acid (HAuCl4), Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA), and Water.
- Check if DNA transformation experiment performed on 9/27 was successful.
- Mixed 0.581 mL HAuCl4 (.25mM) with .974 mL BSA (15μM) and 8.45 H2O Buffer in test tube.
- UV-Vis was set at 80 Degrees Celsius, and spectra (200 - 800 nm) was taken every 30 mins for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours the test tube was removed from the oven, wrapped in aluminum foil, and stored at room temperature.
- Full spectrum of mixture. When taking the spectra at 150 mins, the UV-Vis compartment was accidentally opened.
- Spectrum focused at 550 nm.
- Change in absorbance at 550 nm over the course of 150 min.
- Homogeneous Purple Solution
- The molar ratio of Au/BSA for the mixture was 9.92.
- The mixture was a homogeneous purple solution.
- The trendline on the graph of Absorbance vs. Time at 550 nm is increasing indicating AuNP synthesis.
- All spectra were taking using Shimadzu-2550 spectrophotometer.