Protocol and Procedures via Michael Bible
Stock solutions of HAuCl4·H2O and Lysozyme were prepared by Dr. Hartings. The procedure for their preparation can be found here.
The stock solution of HAuCl4·H2O has a concentration of 2.96 mM. The stock solution of Lysozyme has a concentration of 21.4 μM.
Sixteen 1 mL samples and ten 5 mL samples of a 45:1 Au:Lysozyme solution were prepared using the following volumes of stock solutions:
- 1 mL samples
- Volume of gold stock: 84.4 μL
- Volume of protein stock: 259 μL
- Volume of water: 656 μL
- 5 mL samples
- Volume of gold stock: 422 μL
- Volume of protein stock: 1,297 μL
- Volume of water: 3,281 μL
These solutions were then heated in the oven at 80°C for four hours.