User:Richard E. Frye
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Divisions of Child and Adolescent Neurology and The Children’s Learning Institute; Department of Neurology, University of Texas, Houston, TX
- Director, Medically-Based Autism Clinic, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas, Houston, TX
- Director, Laboratory for Investigation of the Biological Basis of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, University of Texas, Houston, TX
- Member, Center for Clinical and Translational Science, University of Texas, Houston, TX
I am the Principal Investigator of the Laboratory for Investigation of the Biological Basis of Neurodevelopmental Disorders at University of Texas. I am also the Medical Director of the Medically-based Autism Clinic at University of Texas.
- UCT 2478, 7000 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2005, Research Fellow, Boston University
- 2005, Behavioral Neurology Fellowship, Harvard University / Children's Hosptial Boston
- 2003, Neurology Residency, Harvard University / Children's Hosptial Boston
- 2000, Pediatic Residency, University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital
- 1998, MD, Georgetown University
- 1998, PhD, Georgetown University, Physiology and Biophysics
- 1991, MS, Drexel University, Biomedical Science / Biostatistics
- 1986, BA, Long Island University, Psychobiology
- Diffusion Weighted Imaging
- Cortical Morphology
- Mitochondrial Disease
- Epileptic Encephalopathy
- Tetrahydrobiopterin in Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Frye, R.E. Central tetrahydrobiopterin concentration in neurodevelopmental disorders. Frontiers in Neuropharmacology, in press.
- Frye, R.E., Huffman, L.C., Elliot, G.R. Tetrahydrobiopterin as a novel therapeutic intervention for autism, Neurotheraputics, in press.
- Brain Reorganization in Dyslexia
- Frye, R.E., Liederman, J., Hasan, K.M., Lincoln, A., Malmberg, B., deSouza, L., McLean, J., Papanicolaou, A. Diffusion tensor quantification of the relations between microstructural and macrostructural indices of white matter and reading. Human Brain Mapping, in press.
- Frye, R.E., Hasan, K., Malmberg, B., deSouza, L., Swank, P., Smith, K., Landry, S. Superior longitudinal fasciculus and cognitive dysfunction in adolescents born preterm and at term. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology, in press.
- Clinical Research in Epilepsy and Subclinical Electrical Discharges
- Frye, R.E., Butler, I., Strickland, D., Castillo, E., Papanicolaou, A. Electroencephalogram discharges in atypical cognitive development. Journal of Child Neurology, in press.
- Basic Research in Diffusion Tensor Imaging
- Hasan, K.M, Frye, R.E. Diffusion Tensor based Regional Gray Matter Tissue Segmentation Using the International Consortium for Brain Mapping Atlases. Human Brain Mapping, in press.
- Hasan, K.M., Walimuni, I.S., Kramer, L.A., Frye, R.E. Human Brain Atlas-based Volumetry and Relaxometry: Application to Healthy Development and Natural Aging. Magn Reson Med, in press.
- Kamali, A., Hasan, K.M., Kramer, K.A. Frye, R.E. Diffusion Tensor Tractography of the Human Brain Cortico-Ponto-Cerebellar Pathways: A Quantitative Preliminary Study. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, in press.
- Basic Researh in Effective Connectivity
- Pollonini, L., Pophale, S., Wu, W., Frye, R.E., Leon-Carrion, J., Zouridakis, G. Information Communication Networks in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. Brain Topography, in press.
- Basic Research in Language Perception
- Liederman, J., Saloman, J.L. Hensley, K. McGraw Fisher, J., Frye, R. The timing of the influence of one syllable on the next generalizes across tasks: Its significance as an indicator of refractoriness. The Journal of General Psychology, in press.
- Liederman, J., Gilbert, K., McGraw Fisher, J., Mathews, G., Frye, R.E., Joshi, P. Are women more influenced than men by top-down semantic information when listening to disrupted speech? Language and Speech, in press.