Part 1: Cross-linking of porphyrin films (prepared on 10/10/2012)
- 100 ml of gluteraldehyde solution was heated until temperature reaches to 70C.
- Add porphyrin film to the gluteraldehyde solution for an hour.
- Heat HCL solution until temperature reaches to 70C.
- At the end of an hour, rinse the porphyrin film with water and placed in into the 100ml 1 % HCl solution for half an hour.
- At the end of the half an hour, rinse the film with water and place it in to a 0.2 M of Sodium bicarbonate solution.
- Save both HCL solution and gluteraldehyde fixed solution for further analysis.
Part 2: Remaking CuSo4 standards
Part 3: UV-Vis of filtrate solutions
Part 4: UV-Vis of CuSo4 standards
- Part 2: There was a little bit of green color leakage to the gluteraldehyde fixed solution form the porphyrin film.
Results for part 3 and 4
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.