User:Steven J. Koch/Notebook/Kochlab/2008/07/16/Lambda DNA visualization
- Aliquoted YOYO1 into 20 ul aliquots ... now stored at -20C
- Making 10x YOYO1 stain:
- 999 ul TE buffer (from Sandia)
- 1 ul YOYO1 stock
- covered tube partially with masking tape, is in drawer
- Made working DNA solution
- 88 ul TE buffer
- 1 ul Taq
- 1 ul lambda DNA stock (vortexed and heated by hand...was still very viscous)
- 10 ul 10x YOYO solution (above)
- Did not see any stretched out DNA, but PLENTY of DNA balled up in solution. Fading bad, but not too bad.
- Adding 10 ul taq to the remaining about 75 ul of the above working solution.
- The sample leaked (or probably I flowed it around the edge), so we made a new sample, and watched as we flowed in the new higher taq
- Did not look any different than with less taq. Not proving anything, but best guess is that taq is not working like the RT was.