How to FSTAT for FST values and significance
- spent some time compiling the useful parts of F-statistics output from FSTAT ... here's what I figured out ...
- FSTAT v 184.108.40.206
- first row can be anything (title your Genepop run, for example)
- second row is marker names, separated by commas
- third row is lthe word "POP" (or "Pop" or "pop"), to separate populations
- fourth row is data
- start with sample name - can use any character, including white space
- genotypes separated by white space
- copy data from Excel, Paste Special into Word
- Save As ...
- File Conversion: Latin-US (DOS), CR/LF
Genepop on the Web
Option 1: Hardy Weinberg Exact Tests
Suboption 3: Probability Test
- will output Hardy-Weinberg chi-square test, along with significance
- grouped by marker
- grouped by population
Option 5: Allele Frequencies, etc.
Suboption 1: Genotypic matrices, number obs/exp homozygotes and heterozygotes, allele frequencies, etc
- will output genotype matrix (how often one allele occurs with another), genotype frequences, expected and observed number of homozygotes and heterozygotes, allele frequences
- calculate He and Ho