I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
Tomasz Bakowski Dept. Of Biomedical Engineering Stony Brook University Stony Brook, NY 11790
I work in the lab of Dr. Helmut Strey at Stony Brook University. I learned about OpenWetWare from a search on google and decided to join so that I can share details about my research in micro- and nano-fluidics.
- 2014 (Expected), PhD, Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University
- 2011 (Expected), MS, Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University
- 2009, BS, Physics, Stony Brook University
- Microfluidics - We are currently researching novel new lab-on-a-chip technologies with the ultimate goal of realizing continuous single-cell genetic analysis using droplet microfluidics. Current work is in understanding and perfecting chips using static magnetic fields and super-paramagnetic beads.
- Nanofluidics - Current research is underway to better understand the folding of DNA molecules through nanochannels and nanocavities with nanofluidic chips being fabricated at the Center for Functional Nanomaterials (Brookhaven National Labs)
- Physics and Biomedical Engineering Teaching
- No publications yet, but I am working on it!
leave a comment about a paper here