User:Tyler Wynkoop/Notebook/Junior Lab/Millikan
Millikan Oil Drop Data Record
Step 1 Set up equipment
- Required equipment
- Millikan oil drop platform (MODP)
- 500V voltage source
- Oil atomizer
- First, level the MODP using the on-board level
- Second, the MODP comes equipped a test wire to test the objective for proper focusing, use the test wire to focus the halogen light and the objective.
- Third, plug in the inactive voltage source. Turn it on and adjust it to 500V.
- Fourth, use the multimeter to test the thermistor (on the MODP) to determine the temperature in the oil drop environment.
- Risistance 2.177 mΩ at 3:24PM corresponding to ~22°C
- From here, for both days of lab, I conducted the gathering of all measurements, while my lab partner, Dan Wilkinson, recored the data. Refer to Dan's data .