User talk:Andy Maloney/Preface to dissertation
How to comment
If you do not have an account with Open Wet Ware, you can obtain one from here. I would like to have people format their questions and comments in the following manner:
- Make a subheading with your name by typing in the following to the wiki:
- ===Your Name=== This subheading will be your area where you can post new comments to or, update any comments that you may have previously posted.
- To make new comments, please use the following wiki markup to sign the new comment with a time stamp.
- '''~~~~:''' The output of this looks like: Andy Maloney 12:29, 7 February 2011 (EST):.
If you are unfamiliar with how to use media wiki markup, please take a look at the following formatting article. If for some reason you are not willing to join the wiki, you can email me by following the link below.
In the email, please let me know if you would like to be anonymous or not. I would like to give attribution to those that comment but if you would like to remain anonymous, I will respect your wishes.
As much as I would like to keep my dissertation completely open and in the media wiki format, I will have to at some point format it to the guidelines dictated by my university. This will necessitate putting a final "snap shot" of the dissertation in a book format of which, all comments will have their own special appendix in each chapter.
Thanks for looking at my open dissertation!
Add comments below
Steve Koch 15:10, 6 April 2011 (EDT): "Also" typo. I'm sure you know, but the figure reference isn't working. Not sure how to fix (maybe it's a latex leftover?)
- Andy Maloney 17:13, 6 April 2011 (EDT): "Also" typo? There was only one "also" in the text so I just removed it. Not sure if this is what you meant.
- Steve Koch 11:20, 9 April 2011 (EDT): No, there was an "alos" or something like that somewhere but I can't find it. My best guess is that I accidentally put the comment on the wrong page.