User talk:Matthew R Allegretti
Week 2 Feedback
Here is your feedback on your Week 2 Assignment:
- Thank you for completing the assignment on time.
- Good work on writing something in the summary field nearly 100% of the time.
- For the actual tasks/questions in the Aipotu Genetics module, your description of which alleles were dominant/codominant/recessive to each other could have been made more complete and explicit.
- Similarly, your explanation of how the colors combine was there, but could have been made more explicit that you were answering a question in the exercise.
- You were missing answers to the questions of how the mutant had changed in both amino acid and nucleotide sequence.
- Remember, I will be looking to see that you explicitly answered all questions given in the exercise.
- As for your electronic notebook, all sections were present.
- However, you should have listed the counts of offspring for all of your crosses because these were the data you collected in your in silico experiments. The numerical counts would reveal the ratios that are important in describing Mendelian inheritance.
- Also some screenshots to illustrate the points you were making would be good to include.
- In your Acknowledgments section, please give a few more details as to the nature of your collaboration with your homework partners. Did you only interact during class? What things did you work on together? Also, your wiki signature is required after your Academic Honesty statement.
- Overall, this was a good first attempt at an electronic notebook. I would advise you to be more thorough and detail-oriented in future assignments.
— Kam D. Dahlquist 15:48, 23 September 2016 (EDT)
Week 1 Feedback
Here is the feedback on your Week 1 Assignment. Thank you for completing the assignment on time.You may make up the points you missed on this assignment by completing the requested changes by the Week 3 wiki deadline, midnight Tuesday, September 20 (Monday night/Tuesday morning).
- You completed all of the the items in the assignment, except for the following:
- I did not receive an e-mail from you with the answers to the two e-mail questions. You still need to send me an e-mail, even if the answers to those questions is "no".
- You wrote something in the Summary field for 83 out of 87 changes, or 95% of the time--keep up the good work--we are aiming at 100% of the time, so you're almost there.
- Don't use a separate assignment page, put the assignment links, the links to your individual journal entries, and the links to the shared journal entries all on your template, so that they will appear on every page in which you have invoked your template. I know that it looks cluttered, but it will make navigation within the wiki far easier than having to click to this separate page.
- You were missing the link to the shared journal from your User page. If you had used the template as described above you would have taken care of this requirement.
- You can delete all of the auto-text that OpenWetWare placed on your Talk page below my feedback, if you want.
- I hope that through this class you will begin to see yourself as a biologist more and more.
— Kam D. Dahlquist 01:41, 13 September 2016 (EDT)