2004, PhD, Peking University
2000, MS, Qingdao Institute of Chemical Technology
1997, BS, Qingdao Institute of Chemical Technology
2011.9 - Principal Investigator/Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, Tsinghua University, China
2007.5 - 2011.8 Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Center for Biologically Inspired Materials and Material Systems, Duke University, USA
2005.3 - 2007.5 Center of Excellence (COE) Researcher, Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Japan
1.Nanobiomaterials, Nanomedicine, Nanobiotechnology
3.Early detection, diagnostics, in vivo imaging and therapy of cancer
5.In vivo imaging and therapy of cardiovascular disease
General Programs, The 2012 National Natural Science Funds
1. Weiping Gao, Kohji Ohno, Takeshi Fukuda, Yoshinobu Tsujii. “Reentrant ultralow-to-high-to-ultralow friction transition by a concentrated polymer brush in water-alcohol mixtures”, submitted and under peer review.
2. Weiping Gao, Akihiro Nomura, Kohji Ohno, Takeshi Fukuda, Ashutosh Chilkoti, Yoshinobu Tsujii. “Thermally responsive water lubrication by a concentrated polymer brush”, submitted and under peer review.
3. Weiping Gao, Donghua Xu, Dong Woo Lim, Stephen L. Craig, Ashutosh Chilkoti. “In situ growth of a thermoresponsive polymer of a genetically engineered elastin-like polypeptide”, Polym. Chem.,2011, 2， 1561-1566.
4. Weiping Gao, Wenge Liu, Trine Christensen, Michael R. Zalutsky, Ashutosh Chilkoti. “In situ growth of a PEG-like polymer from the C-terminus of an intein fusion protein improves pharmacokinetics and tumor accumulation”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2010, 107, 16432-16437. Note: This paper has been highlighted by Nature and Science-Business eXchange (SciBX).
5. Weiping Gao, Wenge Liu, J. Andrew Mackay, Michael R. Zalutsky, Eric J. Toone, Ashutosh Chilkoti. “In situ growth of a stoichiometric PEG-like conjugate at a protein’s N-terminus with significantly improved pharmacokinetics”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2009, 106, 15231–15236. Note: This paper has been highlighted by media and journals such as Nature, Science Daily, and Science-Business eXchange(SciBX).
6. Yoshinobu Tsujii, Akihiro Nomura, Kenji. Okayasu, Weiping Gao, Kohji Ohno, Takeshi Fukuda. “AFM studies on microtribology of concentrated polymer brushes in solvents” Journal of Physics: Conference Series 2009, 184, 012031.
7. Yu Bai, Weiping Gao, Jingjing Yan, Yuguo Ma, Dehai Liang, Zichen Li, Bingyong Han, Wantai Yang, Erqiang Chen. “Co-aggregation process of poly(ethylene oxide)-b-polybutadiene/poly(acrylic acid) based on evolution of interpolymer hydrogen bonding in solutions” Polymer 2008, 49, 2099-2106.
8. Weiping Gao, Yu Bai, Erqiang Chen, Zichen Li, Bingyong Han, Wantai Yang, Qifeng Zhou. “Controlling vesicle formation via interpolymer hydrogen-bonding complexation between poly(ethylene oxide)-block-polybutadiene and poly(acrylic acid) in solution” Macromolecules 2006, 39, 4894-4898.
9. Weiping Gao, Yu Bai, Erqiang Chen, Qifeng Zhou. “Crystallization and Melting of Poly(ethylene oxide) Confined in Nanostructured Particles with Cross-Linked Shells of Polybutadiene” Chinese Journal of Polymer Science 2005, 23, 275-284.
10. Weiping Gao, Yu Bai, Erqiang Chen, Qifeng Zhou. “Confined polymer crystallization and melting within shell-crosslinked nano-aggregates”, Acta Polymerica Sinica 2004, 3, 317-320.
11. Qiye Wu, Xing Wang, Weiping Gao, Youliang Hu, Zongneng Qi. “Unusual rheological behaviors of linear PE and PE/kaolin composite” Journal of Applied Polymer Science 2001, 80 , 2154-2161.
12. Qiong Zhou, Weiping Gao, Juntao Wu, Jakun Wang, Hongyui Zhen, Qiyie Wu. “Compound mechanism of the endo-exothermic and exo-endothermic +/- balanced blowing agent”, Journal of Cellular Plastics 2000, 36, 126.
13. Qiye Wu, Weiping Gao, et al. “Synthesis fo Benzyl N, N-diethyldithiocarbamate and photopolymerization of styrene and methyl methacrylate with BDC as iniferter”, China Plastics Indurstry 2000, 28, 1.
14. Qiye Wu, Weiping Gao, et al. “Preparation of monodisperse cross-linked PS nano-microspheres by emulsifier-free emulsion polymerization”, China Plastics Indurstry 2000, 28, 21.15. Qiye Wu, Weiping Gao, et al., “Toughening of R-PVC/CPE blend by PMMA-basic core-shell rigid organic filler”, Polymer Materials Science and Engineering 2000, 16, 105.