840:153g:Projects/project24/2012/10/25

From OpenWetWare

< 840:153g:Projects | project24 | 2012 | 10(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Autocreate 2012/10/25 Entry for 840:153g:Projects/project24)
Current revision (20:26, 25 October 2012) (view source)
(Title here)
 
Line 6: Line 6:
| colspan="2"|
| colspan="2"|
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
-
==Title here==
+
==Agarose gel electrophorosis for extraced DNA sample==
Line 15: Line 15:
__NOTOC__
__NOTOC__
[[category:OWWLabNotebookV1]]
[[category:OWWLabNotebookV1]]
 +
 +
On Tuesday, we completed DNA extraction process. We also ran 0.8% Agarose gel to quantify the DNA that we extracted. We ran 12 samples ( 6 undigested and 6 EcoRI digested) on the gel. Due to some technical problem we couldn't see the bands under UV the same day. So, we rapped our gel into a air tight plastic bag and stored it at 4 degree C. On Wednesday, morning we saw the gel under UV. Out of 12 6 samples gave good bands.DNA 3 undigested didn't showed any bands however, its digested sample showed good bands. So, we decided to run Sample 3 into the gel one more time in our next lab. Also, we decided to mix sample DNA 1 and DNA 5 because they both gave similar intensities.
 +
 +
On Thursday,we had to attend a workshop so we didn't do any lab.

Current revision

Project Name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Agarose gel electrophorosis for extraced DNA sample

On Tuesday, we completed DNA extraction process. We also ran 0.8% Agarose gel to quantify the DNA that we extracted. We ran 12 samples ( 6 undigested and 6 EcoRI digested) on the gel. Due to some technical problem we couldn't see the bands under UV the same day. So, we rapped our gel into a air tight plastic bag and stored it at 4 degree C. On Wednesday, morning we saw the gel under UV. Out of 12 6 samples gave good bands.DNA 3 undigested didn't showed any bands however, its digested sample showed good bands. So, we decided to run Sample 3 into the gel one more time in our next lab. Also, we decided to mix sample DNA 1 and DNA 5 because they both gave similar intensities.

On Thursday,we had to attend a workshop so we didn't do any lab.

Personal tools