Eccles:Newsletter Friday February 2nd 2007
(Difference between revisions)
Mhamilton (Talk | contribs)
(New page: =='''Developmental Genetics Newsletter'''== ===Updates=== ====Mike==== * Has got his calander on the web!!! Have a look at "http://dsmx1.otago.ac.nz:8080/mike-eccles/week.php?cal=Public" ...)
Next diff →
Revision as of 23:18, 1 February 2007
Developmental Genetics Newsletter
- Has got his calander on the web!!! Have a look at "http://dsmx1.otago.ac.nz:8080/mike-eccles/week.php?cal=Public"
- Cherie's working on the characterisation of their mouse and human cystic kidney cell lines.
- Will be attending the Forefronts Symposium on Nephrogenetics: from development to phsiology being held just north of Boston, USA.
- Is working hard on getting a poster together on characterisation of their PKD cell lines.
- Will be away from March 6th to 17th
- May well enjoy the total fitness center, horse riding in the yauchting capital of the world!
- may or may not enjoy traveling with a one year old but is garanteed to get a few stories out of it ;-)
- Is working on melanoma and Pax3
- Is having an extended Waitangi day holday with Monday off.
- Is working hard at getting the Pax8 transeftion experiments with ovarian cell lines.
- Is working on getting primary melanoma cell culture started from pathology samples.
- Is happy to have Mike Algie here to get working on a stabley inducible cell line with the flp-In T-Rex system.
- Is now a lecturer! Has taken over from Ken Turner to do Mels305 along with Anna Wiles and they are trying hard to make it a better more interesting course.
- Is happy to be back and working hard on growing up some cells to get ready for the characterisation studies.
- Has heaps of tail tipping to do and can't wait to see what those little mice got up to over the holidays ;-)
- Has a big interview on Waitangi day with Edinborough University for entrance into the Wellcome Trust PhD programme. Congratulations Hayden!!!
- Has grown up some melanocyes, Mel-ST, free to all!
- Is working hard on her Masters.
- definately has no days off, including Waitangi day....
- Has been spending lots of time over at the center for inovation doing wound assays and has got some excellent
- Has come in and got straight to working with the Flp-In T-Rex system with a couple of cell lines.
- Has finished working on the 'What's in the Dewar' project and will send around a link to the 'Cell Line Database' soon.
- Getting ready to do some Microsatellite marker analysis for the PKD sheep project.
- Well one audit down and two to go, Lynne's been round and more or less things were sweet, thanks for tidying up. And the IBSC will be in a couple weeks.