Background Knowledge for iGEM
Project Related Press Releases
- Guardian (Sept 2007): Scientists a step nearer to creating artificial life
- Dr Murtas, Enrico Fermi Lab, expresses GFP in bags made up of a fatty membrane containing just 36 enzymes and purified ribosomes.
- NewScientist (July 2007): Countdown to a synthetic lifeform
Morning dose of Synthetic Biology literature.
Presentation on Sigma factor and an introduction to P. syringae TTSS
1. Multiple sigma subunits and the partitioning of bacterial transcription space. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2003;57:441-66. Review. PMID: 14527287
2. J. Biol. Chem., Vol. 266, Issue 29, 19510-19518, 10, 1991 Purification of the alternative sigma factor, sigma 54, from Salmonella typhimurium and characterization of sigma 54-holoenzyme D Popham, J Keener and S Kustu
3. Free in PMC Expression of sigma 54 (ntrA)-dependent genes is probably united by a common mechanism. Microbiol Rev. 1989 Sep;53(3):367-76. Review. PMID: 2677638
Presentation on Hrp regulatory system
Hrp presentation by Milija Jovanovic Wednesday, July 18th 2007