Part 1 (ISE)
- 0.1 ml of Sodium Ionic Strength Adjuster and 3 ml of each Sodium Sulfate solution was mixed in separate test tubes.
- Channel 1 of the Orien Versa Star was used.
- Before each measurement 30 sec was wait.
Part 2 Preparation of Porphyrin dilutions
- Dilution 1: 1 ml of stock solution and 9 ml of HPLC water (concentration is 10 micM)
- Dilution 2: 5 ml of dilution 1 and 5 ml of HPLC water (concentration is 5 micM)
- Dilution 3: 5 ml of dilution 2 and 5 ml of HPLC water (concentration is 2.5 micM)
- Dilution 4: 5 ml of dilution 3 and 5 ml of HPLC water (concentration is 1.25 micM)
- Dilution 5: 5 ml of dilution 4 and 5 ml of HPLC water (concentration is 0.625 micM)
ISE results for sodium sulfate dilutions
- Dilution 1(1.25ppm)= -180mV
- Dilution 2(2.5ppm)= -182.6mV
- Dilution 3(5ppm) = -182.4mV
- Dilution 4(10ppm )= -177.4mV
- Dilution 5(20ppm)= -174.6mV
- We decided detection limit was between dilution 1 and 2.
- More negative number means less sodium ion in the solution.
- The porphyrin films prepared on 10/10/2012 had a yellowish green color. They were not clear as the other films.
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.