840:153g:Projects/project17/2011/11/17

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search

Today we ran our purification products on a gel with two different ladder amounts so that we could determine the concentrations of our gene and plasmids in order to set up ligation samples with known ratios of vector and insert. Our gene did not show up on the gel, and looking back in our lab notebook showed us that the PCR using the primers with BioBrick extensions was probably not successful because the gel we ran for that was inconclusive (but we went ahead with the digestion, ligation, and transformation anyway). Our gel also showed two bands for our 4120 plasmid, which means it was not fully digested. After break, we plan on redoing PCR with the BioBrick extension primers and run a gel on it to see if we can get our gene with BioBrick extensions this time (which we then can digest in order to ligate into our plasmids that were fully digested).

Personal tools