840:153g:Projects/project3/2009/03/31

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Tear Inducing Bacteria Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

March 31, 2009

  • Today our new primers arrived. We ran PCR using 36 different samples which consisted of 5 primers (P1, P2, P3, R1, and R2), and two different concentrations of DNA. Our two different concentrations of DNA consisted of our original extracted DNA concentration and 1:10 dilution of our original. We also used three different temperatures for each sample (46, 50, 54 degrees C). We also made one change to out PCR cycle. Instead of using an extension time of 4 minutes we changed this to 2 1/2 minutes. This was done because we approximate that for 1,000 basepairs you should have an extension time of 1 minute. Our biggest product should be around 2,500 basepairs. For Thursday we will run a gel to confirm results.


Personal tools