SUPERSPEED (BECKMAN AVANTI) CENTRIFUGE
Rules and Guidelines
1. New user MUST be trained by the captain or present users
2. ALWAYS add info in logbook.
HOW TO USE:
1. You must be fluent in the principals and use of centrifuges before using this instrument. See you RA (first) or the equipment captain (second) if you are not.
2. Short instructions on how to use the Avanti are on the wall behind the instrument.
3. This machine will only run Beckman brand rotors.
1. Check (and clean if necessary) the rotor and centrifuge before and after each run.
2. Always use a balance to balance your tubes, never "eyeball" the tubes.
3. Always assume the cap may leak and underfill the tube. To determine the failsafe level hold the tube at the complementary angle (complement of the angle it is in the rotor) and fill until water flows out of the tube. This is your max. fill volume.
4. Remain with the 'fuge until it comes up to speed.
4. When removing your samples check to see if they leaked. If so clean the rotor and centrifuge. If an O-ring broke replace it and clean the centrifuge.
Extra O-rings: are located in the clear drawers over the centrifuges.
Beckman SpinKote: In drawers over 'fuges. Use a dab on spindle/cover lockdown threads to allow easy installation and removal of covers/rotors.
Vacuum grease: Use a dab on new or "dry" O-rings.
If the 'fuge has a door or rotor error press "CE" and try to start a new run.
FOR REPAIR CONTACT JESSICA METZGER IN ROOM B481
Beckman Product Search: http://beckmancoulter.com/EService/search/mediaFlexSearch.do?method=showProductSearch
--Jessica Metzger 17:24, 29 April 2010 (EDT)