=How to dial from UK or elsewhere
The number will be a US landline that you will need to call (which I will give you). If you are in the UK you can call this by dialing this this low-call UK number first: 0844 431 4000 which costs 3p/min. Or follow instructions for calling the mobile number in my last mail and I will reimburse you in January. If you are outside of the USA or UK, please find a cheap way to call into the US from whereever you are and I will reimburse you.
How to take part in BioSysBio Teleconference?
We usually organize our teleconference using the free conference services (eg: conferenceuk.com). It’s quite easy to take part in the conference.
We have an orgaizer (John or Parthi or Manuel) who registers the details of parcipants with the free conference service. An invitation is automatically sent to your email address with all details related to partipating in the teleconference.
You may have to dial a telephone number (usually in UK OR in your own country). As per the details provided by the automated voice, you’ll have to dial the access code (sent with your invitation). Then, you have to announce yourselves as soon as you enter and ask for other participants.
When somebody is asking for organizing the teleconference, please *acknowledge* the mail to express your willingness.
In your invitation, you’ll get:
- The dial-in number & access code
- The date, start time and end time of the teleconference
- Subject, Comments/agenda (usually a link to wiki)
- You can click accept to send a reply to the organizer.
Tips and Tricks:
- You have to make sure the correct DATE and TIME of the teleconference. To convert the time according to your TIMEZONE, Please visit the following website: Timezone conversions
- Make sure where you’ll available at the time of teleconference and make arrangements accordingly.
- You can buy a prepaid telephone card so that it becomes CHEAPER comparing to the actual price of your telephone connection provider. Some links are below to buy telephone cards from internet:
Prepaid calling cards in UK/Europe: http://www.eurocallingcards.com/
Prepaid calling cards in US: http://www.cloncom.com/