Brown BIOL1220:Notebook/SynBio in Theory and Practice/GenProtocols/Lab Laws
- MANDATORY, HUGELY IMPORTANT, YOU LISTEN TO ME, I REALLY MEAN IT NOW, REALLY
1) whenever possible, only pour stuff out of a stock bottle, chemical bottle, or package. Do not put your hands, tongue, or even a spatula into the container (e.g. PCR tubes, agarose bottle, column bag etc)
2) always wear goggles in the lab, especially when you are using the UV light box, and working with chaotropic agents
3) you must have a buddy with you in the lab at all times. no single, lonely scientists.
4) the white board on the refrigerator, use it to tell us when we are low on something. the stockroom fairy sometimes can not read your mind.