Link to updated website for SysBio204 2014
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the nature of the final design project?
- Projects typically involve a detailed proposal which includes several "design outputs" such as DNA sequences, simulations, computer programs, diagrams, etc. You are encouraged to do an ambitious design project (which might, in reality, take a year or more of focused effort by a handful of people to implement in the lab). The project can also be a complete scientific contribution in itself, e.g., software programs to facilitate design processes.
Are the final design projects done as individuals or in groups?
- This is decided by each student.
Should I budget time to do experiments?
- No lab work is necessary for the project.
What resources are available?
- The faculty and TF will provide guidance, design software, examples of detailed designs for certain motifs, etc.
- Students are encouraged to stay after class at their leisure to discuss with other students and with the teaching staff. Some refreshments will be provided to encourage this to occur.