- 1986-1987: Scholarship for master study (Molecular Biology) from "The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey, (TUBITAK)"
- 1987-1988: Honor member (A Graduate Student Recognition), TUBITAK
- 1988: Secondplace in National Exam in Biological Sciences carried out by the "Turkish Ministry of Education" for postgraduate studies abroad.
- 1988: Scholarship award from "Turkish Ministry of Education" for graduate (Ph.D.) study(Biotechnology/Genetic Engineering) in the United States of America.
- 1995: Ph.D.degree from Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago), USA (GPA: 3.625/4.0).
- 1999-2000: Post-doctoral fellow of "The Council for Higher Education of Israel" (Ben-Gurion University, Israel)
- 1996(November): Foreign Language Proficiency Examination for State Employees (KPDS)- (Level A, 90/100)-a gradual montly compansetion for thosewho score 70+ is paid for a 5 year period
- 2006(November): Foreign Language Proficiency Examination for State Employees (KPDS)-(Level A, 94/100)
- 2005- present: Serving regularly on proposal review panels for TUBITAK
- 2008- present: Instructor for Biology Olympiads, organized by TUBITAK, to prepare secondary school students for tackling biological problems,inventiveness, and creativity in an international competition held yearlyin selected centers around the world (The International Biology Olympiad).
- 2008-present: Refereeing in "Technology and Inovation Funding Programs- TEYDEB" of TUBITAK. TEYDEB encourages research and development activities of private companies settled in Turkey.
- 2009:Chairing and organizing the Biology Section of Secondary Education Science Project Competitions Program sponsored by TUBITAK. The activity involved students from selected high schools from 11 major cities in the region (Esatern Anatolia) and around (South Eastern Anatolia)
- 2009-2010 (6 months): Fulbright Fellow, Center for Biomedical Engineering, Department of Health Sciences and Technology of Harvard University Medical School and Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
Cambridge, MA (Financial support: US Department of State)
- Listed in the 7th edition of "Who's Who in Science and Engineering", 2002
- Listed in the "2000 Outstanding Scientists of the 21st Century" publishedby the International Biographical Centere (IBC), 2004.
- Listed in the Laureate of the "Living Science Award" given by theInternational Biographical Centere (IBC), 2004.
- Listed in the 9th edition of "Who's Who in Science and Engineering", 2007.
- Inclusion in Who's Who in Science and Engineering 2011-2012 (11th Edition)